Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Counting down the days

It's hard to believe that in 3 days I'll be heading to China again! Two adoptions in 18months...call us crazy!
This week has been a whirlwind with a ton of laundry, packing, gathering documents & preparing myself emotionally for the trip.  My brain has turned into mush.
I'm still working until Friday & will be able to take off 12 weeks, returning the week of Memorial Day.  Harper's daycare will allow her to be part time while I'm off work, attending 3 full days a week.  
Part time=part time tuition= a little financial break :)

To help count down my time in China, I made this calender for Harper, with the help of my dear friend/coworker, Brenda.
We glued the pictures on the poster board.

Brenda sewed little pouches & we filled them with candy & stickers.
A little surprise each day for my girl while I'm gone.

I think me being gone for 2 weeks will be harder on me than her.   I have 100% confidence that  Neil will run the ship while I'm gone.  Sure, he'll be exhausted from a long day at work, but at the end of the day, he's an excellent father & Harper LOVES her daddy.
Luckily, we have an overabundance of clothes (Thanks Christa!) for Harper, so I've laid out 2 weeks of outfits for her to make it easier on dad.  Now, the hair situation may be a bit stressful for him.  She like her "ponies" & bows, hopefully Bria can assist him with that.

Overall, I'm extremely excited & super duper nervous. I'm so lucky that mom is going with me. She's the most laid back, nurturing person. Next to Neil, she's the only other person I need by my side with an experience like this.

I plan to blog while in China, so please follow along.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! So excited for you and your family! I'll be following your journey!

    ReplyDelete