Friday, September 27, 2013

Empire Bluff Hike

We hiked this exact trail 3 years ago before kids.
For me, it was a blur.
I don't remember much about the hike
 My heart & mind was elsewhere.

Earlier that day, our adoption agency had emailed us & told us that Harper was severely burned.
At this point we didn't have a lot of details of how, when & where it happened.
We had a few tiny pictures on an old crappy cell phone.

We hiked to the boardwalk that overlooked Lake Michigan, but we couldn't enjoy the beauty.


Three years later we were gonna hike that bluff again, this time with our family.
I never imagined we would have 3 kids this time!

Hiking during naptime is not advised.
Can you see my biceps quivering?










 This one's for you Emily!




Harper lucked out & got to ride on the tallest guys shoulders!

It's crazy to think that only 3 years ago we were a family of 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment